Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 
Why Me?

Why should I pick up the pieces? I didn't cause the mess and tried my best for it not to happen. But it has and today I decided just to fix it.

I won't dwell on the details but today I went to a cemetary and bought a stone for my aunt, who died a year-and-half ago. It was suppose to have been paid for and there are lots of versions of why it is not. My aunt would have wanted the stone and so would my mother, who is buried beside her. So, although I would have rather done lots of things with the money (Boy, are they expensive now!), I bought the marker that matched my mother's. It's done and with no anger or regrets, I move on.

While in the city where they are buried, I decided to drive along the river. The phlox along the banks are blooming and the fragrance was so strong. My husband always called them Sweet William and they grew wild in Arkansas too. I remember him telling me that his Uncle Frank took him into a field and they picked Sweet William when his mother died. My husband was just a child and they couldn't afford to buy flowers, or, for that matter, pay for his mother's burial.

There were a couple boats on the river and I thought about my husband who often fished there. How nice. He had it right. Crematon and scattering of ashes. He said he wanted us to remember him by going to the woods and rivers and not a cemetery. I'm so glad I did that today.

Comments:
I would have to say that you have the heart and spirit of a warrier. Not your battle, not your war, but you get it done, anyway. True courage, in my humble opinion.

Love riding along with you by the river..*VBS* Makes the rest more palatable. I think your DH was absolutely right...the "don't look for me in this place" belief.

I'm glad you are doing the writing journal..*VBS*
 
Sounds like it turned out to be a well worthwhile day. Makes me contemplate a bit, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?